Halloween is a great time for surf tunes, the spooky reverb, theramin and bone shakin'' rhythms go hand in hand. As always Surf Rock Radio is about quality over quantity so we are not going to overdo Halloween, but we will give you an expertly curated selection of creepy vintage surf and the best contemporary horror surf from bands including The Grande Bois, The Terrorsurfs, The Alder Kings, The Tsunamibots, King Beez, Blackball Bandits, The Tiki Creeps and The Delstroyers and soooo many more.
The mix will get progressively more spooky as we approach the 31st, so for the time being it's ok for teenagers to listen. And on 31st, Surf Rock Radio has your Halloween party soundtrack covered! With a much requested feature - no darn talking between expertly mixed tracks !
Gnarly Mike \ooo/
Canada's longest running surf music festival is back!
Presenting the 11th Annual Great Lakes Surf Battle! On Friday June 3rd, we shall kick off the festivities with an opening night party at the Shameful Tiki Room (1378 Queen St W) with the Hang-Ten Hangmen!
At 8pm, the party moves one block East to the legendary Cadillac Lounge for a night of reverb fuelled, surf rock mayhem! $10 at the door!
Friday June 3rd
8pm-Mark Malibu & the Wasagas
9pm-The Black Eleven
10pm-The Cliff Divers
12pm-King Beez 1am-Luau or Die
Saturday June 4th
9pm-The Men in Gray Suits
10pm-3 Dead Gremmies
11pm-The Hang-Ten Hangmen
1am-The Reverb Syndicate
Sunday June 5th(Cadillac Lounge 16th Anniversary Party!)
8pm-The Blue Demons 9pm-The Red Elvises
Thanks for all the support for Surf Rock Radio. There are a few things that you can also do to help up us and ultimately promote the bands.
1. Suggest our Facebook page http://facebook.com/surfrockradio to your friends
2. If you have a website, post a link back to www.surfrockradio.com
3. Embed our tunein music player on your website or blog. It's free!
5. Record some station IDs for us, eg "This is xxx and you are listening to Surf Rock Radio dot com".
6. Donate to help cover our license costs - there is a DONATE NOW button on the right hand side of the website.
7. Tweet, Like and Share this article.